Thoughts of a Rodent

Klug zu reden ist doch schwer, klug zu schweigen noch viel mehr

try

The Fellowship of Durian
Hall
High School Friends
Childhood Buddies-In-Crime
Family
卧虎藏龙
A Cappella
Deutsch
Under Construction
This section is currently under construction.
Dedication Corner

李香兰- 张学友


Lyrics - to be prepared soon

Sunday, October 15, 2006
Lovely Day
Thanks to everyone who were involved in the birthday celebration for Wei Sheng and I this midnight!!! It was very very nice of you all and I really appreciate it! Thanks, CC, YJ, TN, TL, FC, LC,HC, SM, KY, XH and the rest of you who were there!!!
Guess what I had as a Birthday cake??? hehehe... actually it is the first time i had such a cake also


Its a Durian D24 cake!!!!!!

It is indeed the first time in my life to eat a Durian cake! It is somewhat like a sponge cake, in between laid 2 layers of durian flesh (still containing the fibres). Really lecker! Imagine the cake is covered with pure white cream, underneath lies 3 layers of soft and puffy sponge cake. In alternating layers in between the 3 layers lies 2 layers of sweet, fresh, succulent, creamy and ever mouth-filling slushy mesh of durian flesh!!! And the moment the durian flesh enters and fills your mouth it is just superb - bringing you into the highest energy level and high in the air (almost reaching mesosphere)!!! And I only till then discovered that there exists such a place selling Durian cakes... ah just can't forget the taste!
Oh then CC, TN, and TL also cooked Chicken Herb Soup! It was really really very good. The chicken was well cooked not to the extent that it starts to soften and "dissolve", and the salt content was just nice! A trillion thanks meine Brüder!
YJ also prepared a soup. Hehe... the Kimball Mushroom soup! It was pretty good actually... (haha... did i mention that I actually love mushrooms too?) just that I personally find it slightly too salty, but everything else is good!! Nevertheless, a big thanks!!!!!!!!!!
In the meantime, I received a call all the way from the other side of the globe! My Mama a.k.a SW!!! Really surprised to receive her call cos its very expensive i guess. Must have costed her a bomb to do that but really touched. And she ended up talking to the rest of the gang (CC, HC, YJ, KY for the rest of... hmm 30 minutes? Hope you did not spend too much tho..) Thanks for the well wishes and you also must take care k? Must enjoy the Winter and see you again in 2007!
After sending SH back to Old KR, then went over to CC place at EH, initially wanted to bunk over and stay up till sunrise, but SM and YJ ended up snoring at 4.30am. Well u know, sleeping is highly contagious. The effect just self-aggravates and amplifies exponentially with increasing depth of night. So you can imagine how much they affected CC and I. So we ended up sleeping on a sofa outside in E4. Then woke up at 9.00 am and went back to KE to change.
Oh hasnt ended here. Hahaha.... so A called me the previously actually to ask if i wanna have lunch somewhere this afternoon. took me quite some time but finally decided to go to Wiener Kaffeehaus (Viennese Coffee House). It is an Austrian restaurant at Neil Road, near the Outram Park MRT. There was some hesitation over the prices before we decided to go, but when I showed them the website A was like "The website looks so cool lets go there!" haha... wanted to call HW and her friends along but they have deadlines to meet. So will go with them 2 weeks later to once again devour the Austrian food there.
(Oh by the way, if you have noticed why is it "Kaffeehaus" when I mentioned Austrian restaurant, yes, Austria is a German speaking country.)
So what did we eat there??? hehe.... we were partly attracted by the Oktoberfest Promotion:
A main course containing a roasted pork knuckle, a ring sausage, a Bratwurst, Sauerkraut, a bread dumpling, a slice of smoked meat (pork I think) and a salad garnish. The serving is for 2 persons, so u can imagine especially how BIG the pork knuckle is.
[photos will be uploaded here]
We also ordered 2 side main dishes, one Schweineschnitzel and one Zwiebeln Rost Braten for A, with one Warsteiner Bier (German beer).
[more photos will be uploaded here, stay tuned!]
I must say first of all, that Warsteiner Bier is superb!!! Just like the German beer (cant remember the name) I took at Stefan's place back at Baden-Baden while in Germany. Really, Tiger beer is nothing! Oh and then the Zwiebeln Rost Braten (Roasted Sirloin steak with fried Onions) is also one of the best beef I have ever tasted! The juicy, tender and meaty beef.... without the foul smell... and it is well cooked and so gentle... You simply just cannot resist it!
The pork (roasted knuckle and Schweineschnitzel) is nice too! But I don't find it as fantantic as the beef tho. coz the beef is really tender! haha.... the skin was so crispy it feel like u r eating the 烧猪 everytime after Qing Ming. Hahaa.... but nevertheless I guess it was worth the price.
Then we had Apple Strudel and Sachertorte for dessert. Sachertorte is a slice of thick and dark chocolate cake. Just simply awesome!. Then the Apfelstrudel was sour, but very juicy and the pastry skin was so well made (Haha I have no idea which adjectives to use already. Sorry England no powderful.) I just fell in love with it. It's a definite must try at Wiener Kaffeehaus!
Wow I just realized 80% of the content of this entry is on food. Perhaps higher at 90%. Haha.. Hope my descriptive power is not high enough to make u all drool~~~~ keke
And today was the only day in semester I did not touch school work AT ALL! Let them pile up I dont care. This is my Birthday and I shall do what I want. Be pampered. haha... I'm sure I have given my taste bud cells and my stomach cells all that they deserved for today!
Really want to thank all those who were around with me today. I really had a wonderful day and probably one of the happiest day in my life! And also thanks to all those who did remember my birthday and your well wishes! Really appreciate your effort and time!
posted by JE @ 22:15  
2 Comments:
  • At 4:47 am, October 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Too bad this year I missed out the birthday celebration of yours. It seemed like you guys having lots of fun. Hopefully by the time I came back, we still manage to catch up with each before you, CC and mun yee fly off.

    -sw-

     
  • At 5:47 am, October 23, 2006, Blogger JE said…

    mama!!
    haha dun worry la we'll get to meet for sure :)

    JE

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Current Status

Location: Ang Mo Kio, Singapore
See my complete profile
Next in Itinerary

23 January 2009

Singapore - Kuala Lumpur

28 January 2009

Kuala Lumpur - Singapore

22 March 2009

Naturally 7

10 April 2009

CATS @ Esplanade

Looks forward to visit

Bangkok

Hong Kong

Shanghai

Kuching

Kota Kinabalu

Long Term Goals

Jan - Mar 2009

Deutsch B2 bei GI

March 2009

GRE Preparations

June 2009

Test DaF

August 2009

MSc (Chem) by Research

Tagboard



Recent Posts
Archives
Under Construction
This section is currently under construction.
Who's viewed Me

Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER